Last Updated on 17:00 21 Oct 2021 (GMT+7)
Date: November 22nd, 2021
Time: 13:00 – 15:05 (GMT+7)
- 13:00 – 13:05 Opening Remark
- 13:00 – 13:50 Talk 1: Plan ahead: career planning tips for PhD. students and candidates ( Prof. Wenli CHEN)
- 13:50 – 14:35 Talk 2: Tips for managing a research project effectively and efficiently (Prof. Ivica BOTIČKI).
- 14:35 – 15:00 Interactive session and break-out rooms (5 breakout rooms)
- 15:00 – 15:05 Closing Remark
For the interactive session, we have contacted five students to present their research (system) in the
following breakout rooms (topics):
Room 1: Self Regulated Learning (SRL)
Room 2: AR in Learning and Teaching
Room 3: AI in Education
Room 4: Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
Room 5: Blockchain in Education
We will accept registration using this Google Form: https://bit.ly/apsce-sw21
APSCE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2021
In 2007 the Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE) established a financial aid and scholarship program to assist in ‘fostering and sustaining a vibrant community of young researchers within the region’ (one of the Society’s goals). The program provides awards to potential young leaders among the student community, who have no adequate funding to attend ICCE2021. Important information on qualifications, documentation, selection criteria, notification and submission deadline are listed below.
- First-authors or presenters of accepted papers of ICCE2021 [i.e., theme-based conference papers, workshop papers, WIPP (working in progress papers) or DSC (Doctoral Student Consortium) papers, extended summary papers]
- Applicants whose papers received overall favorable ratings from the reviewers (e.g., fall in the “inclined to accept” or “definitely accept” category)”
- Graduate students (Master’s and Doctoral students) who are in need of financial support to attend ICCE2021. Those who have graduated with a Master’s degree (past 12 months) and are waiting to enroll in a PhD programme can be considered. Please provide a copy of the letter of PhD/EdD admission or evidence of the PhD/EdD application.
The following documents must be included in the application:
- A copy of the acceptance letter (including information on the overall ratings of the accepted paper) from the respective chairs (for theme-based conference from PC co-chairs, for workshop papers from workshop organizers; and for DSC papers from DSC Chair).
- A brief description highlighting your past contribution to the research community in general and/or the APSCE in particular. For those who have not had the opportunity to do so yet, please highlight how you can contribute to the community in the near future. Information on your prior experience participating in previous ICCEs in any forms (e.g., authors, presenters, volunteers, reviewers) is welcomed.
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor/supervisor endorsing your contribution to the community in the past and substantiating the current status of your financial situation. If you are not the first-author of the accepted paper, but will be the presenter of the paper, your supervisor/advisor must clearly state this.
Only applicants who have met the aforementioned qualifications are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to those who have contributed as an individual to the research community in any form, or have participated in prior ICCE(s). Applicants whose papers have been recommended by the paper review panel for Best Student Paper Award/Best Paper Award/Best Technical Paper Award will have an added advantage. Special attention will be given to self-financed students of their postgraduate programs. In addition, priority will be given to students whose papers have been accepted for the theme-based conference, followed by workshop, WIPP, DSC and lastly Extended Summary papers. Those who have not received subsidized support through APSCE for attending past ICCEs will also be given priority.
Submission Link and Deadline
All applications must be submitted at https://bit.ly/2YNYVUh
on or before 01:00 UTC 5-October-2021 (Tuesday)
Number and Amount Awarded
A maximum of 10 recipients will be awarded. This year, APSCE will reimburse the registration fees of the awardees as ICCE2021 will be held virtually. Successful applicants will receive the award in an open ceremony (e.g., welcome party, open ceremony, or closing ceremony). Awardees who are unable to attend the ceremony (virtually) for which they have been selected to receive this award must forfeit their award. Awardees are required to attend all possible sessions throughout the conference.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail of the result of their applications. Successful applicants will be required to submit a report (suggested length: 500 words) indicating how they benefit from the participation in ICCE2021 one month after the conference. The report will be published in a reserved section of the APSCE Newsletter.
Any queries can be directed to APSCE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
Mohammad Nehal HASNINE, Assoc. Prof, Hosei University (Japan)
(Email: [email protected]; Tel: +81(0)423876070 Fax: +81(0)423876085)
Gökhan AKÇAPINAR, Assoc. Prof, Hacettepe University, Turkey
(Email: [email protected])
ICCE2021 is a meta-conference for researchers in the Asia-Pacific region to connect with international research communities for the worldwide dissemination and sharing of ideas for research in the field of Computers in Education.
This year, we are pleased to announce calls for papers for 12 workshops. Both workshops and the conference will be held online. Please check information for authors for the workshops at our website https://icce2021.apsce.net/call-for-papers/workshops/
Dear APSCE members and researchers,
Due to the high number of requests received, the committee has decided to extend the submission deadline for Main Conference by 2 week (May 31, 2021 23:59:59 GMT/UTC +0 ). Authors who have already submitted their papers may revise their submissions until the new deadline.
Please visit the respective page regarding the submission requirements:
The ICCE 2021 standing committee
Tanja MITROVIC, Ma. Mercedes T. RODRIGO, Sridhar IYER, Thepchai SUPNITHI, Niwat SRISAWASDI, Charoenchai WONGWATKIT, Hyo-Jeong SO, and Jon MASON
We are inviting you to submit your ongoing, sound, scientific, and innovative Work-in-Progress Poster (WIPP) presentations. Accepted WIPP presentations/papers will be showcased in this year’s ICCE which will be held on November 22-26, 2021, at Bangkok, Thailand. Read more…
Ubiquitous learning has permeated society in this new era, most especially during the current pandemic. Mobile technologies, wireless technology, and cloud computing have changed the learning and teaching ecosystem and transformed modalities, dimensions and outcomes of learning. This transformation is now most prevalent in learning environments across the globe. Read more…
The organizers invite proposals for workshops and interactive events to be held in conjunction with the ICCE 2021. The proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file by email to the Workshop and Interactive Events Coordination Co-Chairs:
- Charoenchai WONGWATKIT, Mae Fah Luang University, Thailand ([email protected])
- Chiu-Lin LAI, National Taipei University of Education
- Sasithorn CHOOKAEW, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand
All accepted papers in the workshops will be published in proceedings, which will be submitted to Elsevier for inclusion in Scopus.
The organizers invite proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the ICCE 2020. The proposed tutorials should benefit the diverse audience, including academics, practitioners and policy makers in developing the research, development or practitioner skills needed in the field of technology-enhanced learning. Tutorials are instructive in nature and often focus on specific topics. Potential topics of tutorials could be pertaining (but not restricted) to: established learning theories or frameworks, research methods, technology-enhanced pedagogy or assessment methods, specific technologies or tools, other researcher-related skills (e.g., literature review, academic writing). The organizers also encourage tutorials that include a hands-on session, allowing participants to experience useful tools. Click here for more details…